Mother's Day is around the corner and I don't know about you but it's so hard to figure out what to do for the Queen of my life! Ideally you want to do something really nice for them as a little token of gratitude for all the love and care they've shown you, but then reality hits! You check your account and it seems to have other plans! 😩 Now as we sit here counting our shillings, we will share with you 10 ideas you can do for your mother this upcoming Mother's Day, while keeping your bank account happy! #mothersdayonabudget
1. Try something new
This is a perfect gift for a mother and daughter to spend quality time together. Euphoria Fish Spa is known for their fish pedicures making it the ideal place to try it for the first time. If that's too adventurous, you can opt instead to use the DisCoucher 'buy one get one free' vouchers for the manicure.
- Get a FREE FISH PEDICURE when 1 hour Hot Stone Massage is bought
- Get a FREE MANICURE when Manicure of equal or great value is bought.
2. Breakfast in Bed
Nurse your account and your mom with this affordable yet thoughtful treat. Breakfast in bed! We're talking a special, yummy, soul filled breakfast inspired by Cooking with Jaz via her new cookbook Breakfast with the King. With up-to 70 breakfast recipes to choose from you will be spoilt for choice.
3. 2-for-1 Lunch and Wine
Treat your mom to a nice outdoor lunch in a serene, hidden, escape right in the heart of Westlands. About Thyme is bound to please with astonishing views and unforgettable service. All this is brought to you at a steal with DisCoucher's 'buy one get one free' lunch and wine vouchers.
- Get one FREE LUNCH MAIN COURSE when a Lunch Main Course of equal or greater value is bought.
- Get one FREE GLASS OF WINE when a Glass of Wine of equal or greater value is bought.
4. Make your mom her own body butter
This is the coolest thing to hit the Nairobi salon scene, the first ever DIY beauty bar! Make your mom her own customised body butter from natural products. You get to choose the base butter (e.g cocoa), oils (e.g coconut) and scents (e.g lavender) for your moms body butter. This is available only at Leo's salons Kenya! You can do this at their Two Rivers, Garden City Mall and Westlands branch. Confirm and call 0701 299296 first.
5. Escape the City
Looking to get away from the city but not too far that you have to start thinking about hotels? An hour away from Nairobi, in Limuru is Brackenhurst Hotel. Mom will love the drive and the fresh country air, not to mention, DisCoucher's 'buy one get one free' vouchers at the Muna Tree Restaurant.
- Get one FREE PIZZA when a Pizza of equal or greater value is bought.
- Get one FREE ENTREE when a Entree of equal or greater value is bought.
6. Make Dinner
Perhaps your mom is not a fan of going out and would rather stay in the house... cook her a lovely meal! Create a twist on classic kenyan dishes with Kaluhi's Kitchen . Don't forget to set up the table nicely, using all the nice dishes, candles and fresh flowers from the garden.
7. Escape to a swahili village
Right in the heart of Westlands, nestled in between apartments on Rhapta Road is The King Post, a little swahili village in the heart of Nairobi. DisCoucher has 'buy one get one free' vouchers to the hotel, restaurant and spa! The perfect spot for your mom to lose track of time, unwind, and relax.
- Get one FREE NIGHT when Two Nights are bought.
- Get a FREE FULL BODY SWEDISH MASSAGE when a Luxury Manicure/Pedicure is bought
- Get a FREE FOOT REFLEXOLOGY when an Dermalogica Facial is bought
- Get one FREE MAIN COURSE when a Main Course of equal or greater value is bought.Dinning Area
- Get one FREE PIZZA when a Pizza of equal or greater value is bought. Roof Top & Terrace
- Get one FREE SANDWICH when a Sandwich of equal or greater value is bought. Café Chumba Coffe Room
8. Buy a gift
Buying mom a nice gift is always a great way to treat her on her special day. Why not do so while saving? Enjoy DisCoucher's vouchers for D'vine skincare products. Get her quality, fragrant, and locally made beauty products! From creams, to sprays, scrubs, body butters, scented candles and lip butters, you'll definitely find something lovely here for your mom.
- Get a FREE ITEM when Two Items of equal or greater value are bought
9. Make a gift
Time to get creative! This will take time, but your mom will appreciate the effort and thought. There's so much you can find on Pinterest if you search DIY mothers day gift. We thought these cups were a cute and simple gift you could make for your mom. Plus, its a practical gift that will invoke sweet memories of the person who made it for her, each time she takes a sip.
10. Return the favor
As far back as we remember, our moms have always ensured that we ate well and healthy. Through their effort we got all the necessary nutrients to stay healthy and grow. Why not return the favor? Treat your mom to a good and healthy meal at the Tin Roof Cafe.
- Get one FREE MAIN COURSE when a Main Course of equal or greater value is bought.
We hope you found this list helpful! If you do end up doing any one of these things for your mom, we'd love to share it on our platforms. Perhaps you found something even better to do, we'd love to know and share it too! Tag #MothersDayonaBudget and share it with us on our social media platforms.